Hiya, been a while I put pen to paper not because I’ve been busy but because I just didn’t feel like. The perks of being lazy right? Of recent, I’ve become quite unfazed yet bothered about the issue of body shaming as it leaves me frumious. The action or practice of humiliating someone by making mocking or critical comments about their body shape or size is called Body shaming.
There are many manifestations of body shaming and they are subtly oblivious as magazines offering “tips” on how to lose weight, sitcoms using overweight persons as the butt of their sometimes funny jokes and those nonsense music videos that believe one body type is kinging all the time.
@Legacy27 talked about saggy boobs and loose vaginas On Saggy Boobs and Loose Vaginas and it did spurred me that beauty is relative. We have so allowed the media paint and taint an ideal figure 7 or 8 or whatever as the ultimate goal while giving free rein to some IG skin “toners” that your sepia shade is racist!!
Just the other day, a guy was complaining that his girlfriend said his penis was small. Seriously? What if her vagina was big? The same penis that is small for Shade is what Kiki is gisting her friends that is quite big. The truth is that you are not perfect and that’s where the beauty lies. Imagine, I’m a die-hard fan of flat ass, big nose, tiny eyes, perky and droopy boobs and etc.; then the world decides that these are not perfect and the surgeries come in leaving persons like me eunuchs!!
How do we end this tirade?
It will never end as long as we can never be satisfied but Hey, LOVE YOURSELF while hopefully these tips would suffice.
- Choose the messages you see on social media. I don’t follow celebrities. Don’t have time for one fella to plague my soft mind subconsciously with comparative analysis.
- Stop hiding that body and flaunt it. You need to believe in that body of yours.
- Know thy self!! The inner-bully and Inner-supporter. Know the thoughts that put you down, create a system of support to fight it and explore yourself.
- Find 10 things you love about your body (Should be more than 10)
- Move with peeps who are body-positive or body-neutral. People who feel good about themselves or don’t feel anything.
- Eat healthy! As much as I don’t want to be misconstrued, you do need to eat healthy. At least, you know what healthy is. You can be plump, chubby, thick or fat without being obese.
- Thank your body: This is weird. I do this most times. I’m in the bathroom, dancing and looking in the mirror and I’m like “Yo!, You got a nice belly button, such a skin… awn”
So whether it’s a bikini body or a flat chested skateboard you want, just wear the bikini on the body and there you are –a Bikini body! By the way, if you are going to criticize yourself or anyone, DO NOT compare with anyone!!
Here are the top 5 things i love about my body
My tangly hair, my belly button, my skin, my burnt ass (You should see it!) and my eyes
So you tell me your top 5 @zegisters