Breakup With My Girlfriend

A guy just had a breakup with his girlfriend and don’t really know to really react.
“I’ve sometimes felt sad, sometimes it just seems like its the normal thing jo…
Sometimes I miss her and say hello.
On her part, she actually cried the first day then, I’m not sure how she is now.
At every call, her tones sounds just like, normal, like she’s no more feeling the hurt” he said.
(You know how that can be in a realtionship you probably fealt was the awe for her (and you as the case may be)

Bydway, he kinda instigated the breakup:
“We sat and discussed it together”, then they agreed to stay friends :slight_smile:
Anybody can relate in the community?
He needs some heads up.

Share your thoughts and share some gists, comments etc.

(True Story)
Reading all comments.

Why did y’all break up ? Forgive me for prying

I am guessing this is how you('ll) feel

This image was reversed in my case, as the day went by, I started becoming miserable. Hahahahahaa it was tough and I instigated it o! Las las, I moved on and then he wanted to get back together

We both finally moved on!

Since you instigated it, then ur feelings should be normal and calm…

If you both were friends before, it’s possible for the friendship to continue but it’s not certain.

It’s also possible not to be friends before dating and become paddies after break up. Chude Jideonwo has said on countless occasions, that he’s friends with all his exes except one and even one has become one of his best friends.

Of course, this can’t be so for everyone! If she’s a great person and you are cool, there’s no harm in remaining friends. But don’t let it turn to friends with benefits mbok, just saying o

I’m curious to know how my ex (first boyfriend) is doing. I broke up with him because of distance and fear, we lost contact a year after breaking up infact after breaking up we became closer. Why I’m I looking for him? He was a good guy, I sincerely just want to know how he’s fairing. I low-key thinks he’s married now though… Side gist lol

Wish you the best!!

:slight_smile: nice side gist I’ll say…

Thanks though. Very well relatable.

His mention was that there were differences that both parties were hoping would work out as they progressed in the relationship, but alas, it didn’t and instead it created so many glitches as the relationship continued. So both had to settle for what they felt was best.

This sometimes makes me think:
_

"Aren’t relationships best with 2 individuals that are different and unites their differences? Mus the guy and the lady be “the same”?

_Any way, Life moves on isnt it??

Same here… Started feeling terrible as the days went by unlike when it just happened, but I keep getting better daily…

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Girl, you’re safe to be wonder what he is up to jare…lol

Truth is, these friendships immediately after a major break up is unhealthy… Sincerely, it stops either both of the individuals or one of them from moving on… Its best to cut ties first as much as possible and probably get back together as friends later…

I tried that “being best friend” stuff after my ex broke up with me but as the days passed I realised I was only using my hand to pour salt and pepper into my wounds. I had to cut all ties with him to be able to heal and move on.

It’s hard to be friends with an ex because feelings rarely die. They only fade and can be rekindled. Imagine being just friends with your ex and seeing them dating someone else when you still have feelings for them. Trust me, it hurts. So it’s best to move away so that you can move on.

Kindly rephrase. thanks.

His mention was that there were differences that both parties were hoping would work out as they progressed in the relationship, but alas, it didn’t and instead it created so many glitches as the relationship continued. So both had to settle for what they felt was best.

This sometimes makes me think:
_

"Aren’t relationships best with 2 individuals that are different and unites their differences? Mus the guy and the lady be “the same”?

_Any way, Life moves on, isn’t it??

Blockquote

There

That’s the point… It would hurt to see that that person who once meant the world to you, has moved on so why put yourself in that position? That’s why I just feel there should be a limit to how close you are to them…

Not for everyone.
Some people can actually be just friends…if the mutual feelings are not just there again or very weak, then it’s very possible