Child birth through c-section

Gone are the days where CS was seen as a dead warrant, Thank God for technology, some people even opt for it. I remember that evening when they told my husband and mom that they have to do emergency CS for me after labouring for 5 days (Induced for 2 days ). My mom and I started crying …lol.

Whichever way you birth your child, what is important is you and your child survive it, we have seen V-birth that both mom and child doesn’t make it :expressionless:

Mothers are superwoman, going through this to bring forth a life is just amazing. Celebrate them everyday :heart_eyes:

I am grateful i have done this twice, I am alive and my cuties are bouncing in the Lord. To the single ladies, be informed ooo. Mine was because i had a small pelvic.

The sweet part is, once the baby is out, you will forget all the pains :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I think we were just told it was like a last resort thing. You know babies can enter this world in one of two ways: Pregnant women can have either a vaginal birth or a surgical delivery by Caesarean section, people just forget that the ultimate goal is to safely give birth to a healthy baby.

In as much as going through labor and having a vaginal delivery is a long painful, exhausting process, one of the benefits is that it has a shorter hospital stay and recovery time compared with a C-section.

However, during a vaginal delivery, there is a risk that the skin and tissues around the vagina can stretch and tear while the baby comes through. When this tearing is severe, the woman may need stitches or even have weakness or injury to pelvic muscles that control her urine and bowel function.

I really wish more men understood these things clearly…

I just read that because of the surgical process, a C-section involves an increased risk of blood loss and a greater risk of infection and she would need time to heal, often at least two months. Also babies born by Caesarean section may be more likely to have breathing problems at birth and even during childhood, such as asthma. They may also be at greater risk for stillbirth.

Don’t blame me for my keen understanding of this topic. My childhood dream was to become a doctor specialized in obstetrics and gynecology.

My doctors @amakaanne and @Kiitan what are your thoughts about this?

8 Likes

Evans is readyyyyyyyy.

Yes it is the last thing all things being normal but in a situation where you have small pelvic, it is the go to.

For my second child, I had to pick a date at after my last scan as the baby was sitting on my pelvic and i was feeling pains. so to avoid a pelvic rupture, they had todo the operation weeks before my EDD.

All the associated risk aren’t excluded from Vaginal birth either, A lot of woman loose their life, the baby’s or both during birth which is the height of it. #sad

The healing process depends on the woman’s body though.

7 Likes

Thanks @atynukeh

Personally, I’m not bothered by the process of delivery. Natural birth o, caesarean section o…whichever option is recommended by the Doctor that is best, goes down well for me. I just want my children to come out alive and healthy.

6 Likes

Dr Evans in the building, you’ve said it all and finished na.

Child birth is child birth fam wether Vaginal or C/S you’re still a mom at the end of the day.

We should discourage this negative culture that tags women that give birth through CS as weak or “not real women”

All this “I will give birth like the Hebrew women, don’t do surgery” talk should not be.
The Hebrew women gave birth to their young and both mother and child were healthy that’s the meaning of that verse.

You have people asking women " did you have “normal delivery” or surgery? "
Do you think any delivery at all is normal? Or that surgery is painless?

They both have their own risks which you have stated and it can be a matter of choice (yes you can ask to just have a CS instead of having to go through the pushing and contracting and all, it’s called an elective CS)

I honestly want a fairly Painless vaginal child birth if there are no contraindications (praise the lord for Epidurals) and I see nothing wrong with having an elective C/S (there’s no shame in not wanting to suffer for hours it’s not suffering competition, the end product is still a baby)

Some labors start off and end up not progressing properly and requiring an emergency C/S which is what she had (although honestly they should have determined the size of your pelvis during antenatal clinic before you even went into labor and just booked you for an elective CS in the first place, thank God you survived
Ps: congrats on your baby!!)

5 Likes

You wont even believe I didnt know i had a small pelvic at the first one, It was at second birth (Another hospital) that told me i had.
Baby kwa, its been 2years 3 months nowwww :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

There was a post i saw on IG with a video of a natural birth, a lady commented she regretted giving birth via CS, I was shocked :roll_eyes: Jesus. So many things we take for granted honestly.

Tell a TTC mom to deliver her baby via her anus even nose and you would see they way she will jump at it.

Like you said, you are still a mom at the end of the day and thats all that matters

1 Like

Epidural anesthesia is the most popular method of pain relief during labor. Epidural anesthesia is a regional anesthesia that blocks pain in a particular region of the body. The goal of an epidural is to provide analgesia, or pain relief, rather than anesthesia, which leads to total lack of feeling. Epidurals block the nerve impulses from the lower spinal segments. This results in decreased sensation in the lower half of the body.

I just learnt a new one.

1 Like

TTC - Trying to Conceive.
There is a forum for this - ttc.ng

3 Likes

I still read an article that addressed this yesterday on Bella Naija. The article talked about the Hebrew Woman Syndrome and how women are shamed for not being able to push a child via vaginal delivery and this excerpt from the article just hit the nail on the head :point_down:t5:

When you see children playing together, in the neighborhood or in their schools, there’s no way to tell who was born via CS or natural delivery, who was breastfed and who wasn’t. By the time they are 4, they all look the same, and genetics determines if your kids will be tall or short or fat or slim.

All that should matter in the end is that our babies are well.

3 Likes

This is really interesting cos if am to choose is CS oh…me am too scared of that ‘push keep pushing the baby is almost here’, if the pelvic is small you might be given a tear which may require stitching it at the end. I so much dislike the hot water process :cry::cry:but at the end we all pray for a healthy baby and the mother to be safe too.

3 Likes

That’s the koko.

3 Likes

Thanks for the enlightenment. Anyways, All i want is that Bae and Baby are safe, sound and healthy. I will opt for the fastest and less painful option, i can’t come and be crying too much in the delivery room before those doctors send me out.

2 Likes

Exactly…
It amazes me to see people (most esp fellow women) shame women who give birth through CS. Calling them weak and lazy.
The end goal here is for mother and child to be fine by whatever means…

Women also get shamed for not breastfeeding…lol…

4 Likes

you seem very soft on the inside :rofl:

My husband didn’t cry but didn’t take his bath for 3 days :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

It’s the lady that wants to be shamed abeg. No one can shame you if you don’t allow. Anyways, I subscribe to breastfeeding.

:sob::sob: I wish i could be hard or be a man like they use to say…

Your Husband tried,… I have never supported the flogging of kids, and would never… the day any of those kids would diss their mom, they will move out of my house after I have shown them the video of my wife giving birth to them…:grin::grin:

1 Like

Nice thought. Moreover, inasmuch as Caesarean section (CS) is cool and gradually becoming prevalent these days, I would still opt for the Vaginal Birth. This is just due to my personal belief (Christian faith).
Like you said, the most important thing is the safe delivery of the Child and safe condition of the mother.

1 Like

Please can you explain how your personal belief (Christian faith) is against CS

1 Like