CMS Class

You should find a suitable template here.

Buy the theme (if you can’t afford it, just include it in the quote for your client).

Success :+1:t6:

Thank you Sir

Well, you charge based on how you worth the value you’re bringing to your client’s business through your service, you also factor in how much value/impact the website is going to have on your client’s business. You have to be honest in valuing your level of competence too. Don’t forget to add in your cost of man hours to be spent on the project, cost of power, cost of internet, maybe a very discounted cost to cover for support over a specified period of time too.

Before you jump to purchase a theme, design a wireframe and/or mockup of the intended theme (of course after adapting it to the business’ needs). Again, don’t jump to design anything until you have fully discussed the paper work/money bit and an agreement has been reached. For me, I like to have them pay committal fees (65% of the agreed sum) before lifting a finger or thinking much about the project to avoid wasting my time and efforts. Again, I do this for small businesses /individuals only. Bigger corporations are more reliable once your invoice has been discussed and approved.

much appreciated. Will surely adopt all these. Most especially the mockup part. I once did a website for a corporate startup. The client reverted with issues of colours and address appearing at the top bar.

@Angie @lifeofesse @Kachie @Alfred @Damien @Stella_Aanu @Mira

Holiday is over. Lets continue with the class whenever you are ready.

Thanks.

I might not be able to make it to class for the next couple of days or so. I’m trying to sort out some things. But I will get back as soon as I can.

Ever ready boss. I even hope to step up my game as fast as i can. All attention.

Wont Friday be too far for resumption?

Hi @Alfred,

When is comfortable for you ?

A Thursday or our usual friday may be the best.

Hi guys,

So I may not be taking that break afterall. I feel like we didn’t go far here. When can we begin.

Cc @Kachie @Angie :smiley:

Hmm.

Maybe from Thursday?

I may not always be available though, but for now, I think Thursday for about 1- 2 hours is okay.

@debpoppy @Angie @Alfred @Kachie @lifeofesse @Mira @Stella_Aanu

Hi guys,

Let’s move on to the next lesson.

How to create posts on our website.

Click “Post” on the left menu.

Click “Add New” on the top of the page above.

Now this is an assignment, create a post (any post about anything), and publish is.

Ensure it has a category, ensure it has a featured image and insert at least one image in your post. Deadline to be decided.

Thanks

Hi @NaijaLander I’m so sorry I may not make it to class anytime soon…

Submit any time you are available.

Thanks.

Oh Lord of heavens. I sincerely apologize for not attending to any of the chats. Just came back online after much time off it. I know I did miss lots. You apologizing to the organizers