Good lie/white lie

A lie is simply defined as an untrue statement made with an intention to deceive. A white lie is also an untrue statement but seen as unimportant because it does not cover up any major wrongdoing like murder, rape or arson; it’s seemingly harmless because a good lie/white lie is the kind one tells to keep the peace in a relationship, stop a friend from being sacked by his boss(like adding sweet elements or removing terrible stuffs from a report). Supporting the idea of telling white lies depicts that one shares the philosophy of “the end justifies the means”, so if a lie is perceived to yield good results then it’s acceptable or good e.g an age lie that enables you to get an age limit job, a trader that embellishes the quality of his commodities, a personal assistant that lies on a call to prevent his boss from being disturbed.The question is, who determines when a lie is good or not?. A white lie may be good to you, what about the other person e.g the lie of the P.A may have helped the boss, what if the person that was lied to had a life threatening issue that the boss would have mitigated or extinguished,or the lying trader, his white lie gets him remarkable and enviable profits but what about the consumer, is the lie not less white on his Avenue? I’m being as indifferent as possible, so both to the religious and non-religious on this platform; are you proud of your white lies? @Yeye @Roger @Efe @evansakanno @ayoola @Akin_Ogundele @Judy @oluwakemisola @Oluwarufus @minnie @TeeAde @Tejflow @brownsucre @Herbyb

3 Likes

Enigma, u touched a spot there bro,
I stopped lying a long time ago sha…lolz…mostly all of my lies are white lies and I know It has yielded good result somehow sha, lol…but then,a lie is a lie no matter whether white or not…so i had to stop by not getting involved in stuffs that will put me in a position to tell white lies. But e no deh that simple o!

1 Like

Anyway i dont tell lies. I try as much as possible to say the truth no matter the circumstances or situation on ground.

And it helps me alot. i dont have to start trying to remember what i said in the past. I just say the same thing-the truth all over again and i’m at peace with myself.

2 Likes

@brownsucre it’s really not simple just as you stated, @Efe I guess I share your capability in having no need to remember what I said at any point by telling the truth. No black lies on me, I seldom tell white lies,I know some persons might love to give e-answers :grinning: just as @ayoola commented on a post lately, but I know the white lie stuff is sometimes from one’s subconscious like I recalled at a time a friend of mine came to ask me to give him a silly gist about some girls and I perceived it as pure gossip, to ward him off I told him I don’t have such info. All in the name of I can’t see myself gossiping like ladies, I white lied :joy: not even knowing I did.

2 Likes

There are good lies o…ethical lies in fact. Take for example, a family is being robbed and the robbers ask the woman of the house where her husband is and she says to them that her husband isn’t at home and that he traveled. Meanwhile, she knows fully well that the husband is lying down scared under the bed or hiding at some place. There is no way she could have said he is under the bed else, her husband may loose his life.

2 Likes

I guess the scenario you cited is good enough for Pope Francis to support you :grinning:

1 Like

That’s an excellent topic which needs to be revived. The ones who lie don’t live for themselves, they live to please others. They are like ghosts. Lying is simply admitting that the other person is more powerful than you are.

Hmm, don’t really understand people that say that there is white lie(a good one) and also a bad lie… A lie is a lie don’t matter what color it has)) I mean if a person lies to you he wants to hide some informasion from you, I hate such people, because I am a man that wants to be trusted and I am acting so that other people fill like they should tell me only truth, if you can understand me. I had one a girlfriend that cheated on me and I checked her on a poligraph/ lie detector liedetectors-uk.com Since then I just can’t live with people that tell lies staing in front of you…