Guess who traveled to Lagos for a selfie, I DID! - CREGITAL at 3`

THE BEGINING

How I became a Zegister @Zegist was kinda funny… I was at my desk at my former office when a colleague and friend sent me a link to a website. I clicked on the link and I landed on Cregital’s
@Cregital website. When I saw the site, it was love at first sight. :heart_eyes: Why? Cause of the cursor. The cursor was not like the normal ones you see on every site and I loved it cos it was kinda unique, :scream:it was the first and only time I saw such. The detective in me couldn’t rest, so put on my FBI cap, and the stalking began :nerd_face:
I went though all of Cregital’s Social media accounts, the staffs lists,followers, write-ups on medium, the CEO’s accounts. ALL! And on the way, I landed on Zegist, and the adventure continued.

So you all can imagine my excitement when @Yeye sent me an IV for the Cregital’s 3rd year anniversary party.

THE JOURNEY
As the Jack of all trades that I am, I had a Catering job I had to do and deliver yesterday, so after I got it delivered, I dressed up (like a girl and even put a wig on), and headed for Lagos :walking_woman::walking_woman:. I got to the park at a few minutes past 11am and It was a bus that was loading. I was a bit skeptical about boarding the bus cos the plan was to get to Lagos early,get some ‘chop chop’ with a friend and then get to Cregital’s when the party was winding down (and there’s less crowd so I don’t get too uneasy), take my selfie, say a couple of ‘hi’s’ and jet back to IB for my other catering event. Unfortunately, the plan did not go so well.

The bus :bus::bus: left the park at some mins to 12 and I didn’t get to Lagos till 3pm. The events that happened on the road was just :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: … It started with uneasyness when drivers were being switched on the way, and it graduated to annoyance when we encountered traffic and also anger when the bus had faults. Sigh.

THE STREETS OF LAGOS
I got into Lagos with a sweaty face, hungry stomach and tired butt. But at that time, i was too late for my ‘chop chop’ and too early for cregital’s party. So i decided to take a stroll in Lagos (Very bad Idea). Yesterday was the first time I’ll visit Lagos without getting Uber. Two reasons, I felt I was gonna get to the venue too early which was not part of the plan, and The phone that had the uber app was unalive. So i took a stroll, took the bus, and BRT TOO (for the first time in my life, lovely bus tho). Boy oh boy! The waka was not an easy something! But in the end, I arrived at Cregital

CREGITAL AT LAST!
I got to the venue and the first person I saw was a very cute baby… such a cute baby. After the baby and her mum (I think) disappeared into the house, i followed suit. When i entered the gate, the smell of grilled (abi roasted) chicken reminded me that i had not had lunch :woman_in_lotus_position:. But i sha waka pass sha. I opened the door to the main office and it looked like the party was just starting! Mogbe :ok_woman::ok_woman:!!! I was about to shut the door and run back when a lady beckoned at me to come in and have a sit. I sha entered jejely and sat down. I was so confused that i had to just excuse myself to the toilet to sit down for a while. (You people will sha not kill me). After a while, I left the toilet and went back to my seat jeje. As i was sha sitting on my own o, i started looking for known faces. I searched for @Mira @geezybee, @lifeofesse @Yeye and ofcourse @Monique. But it was like everyone was just extra fine and i dinno even recognize anybody. But then i met the Boss @evansakanno, and @Monique who made me realize that my name had been changed from DEBPOPPY to 'The Poppy" :ok_woman: I met the lovely @Angie, we shared a selfie. I think i met @rufus as well but i’m not so sure (I think he helped take my pictures.) I am glad i made it to Lagos for my selfie.

…And yes, i had Chicken and Chips with malt, and then the wig came off in the bus on my way back to Ibadan

HOME AT LAST!
Well, not exactly home sha. I had another catering event to attend (We must sha make money), I got there quite late but thank God i have awesome sisters who are always ready to help. My day was sha complete with a selfie with Brymo!!!

Thank you Cregital and Happy Birthday!
PS: I typed this on my way back to Ibadan so if there is any mistake, please manage it. I want to go and sleep. Eshey. I would have loved to take pictures of the awards but i dinno ask for permission. Sorry…

HERE COMES THE PICTURES!!!

IMG_20180420_162227|375x500IMG_20180420_173753

17 Likes

Awww… You’re such a funny storyteller :joy::joy:
I’m glad you had fun? But how far the Chicken? You didn’t get some for me :weary:

5 Likes

:joy: :joy::joy: This was an interesting story! Didn’t know you lived in Ibadan. Thanks for coming thru.

2 Likes

Wait what? Did Brymo come to cregital’s party?

2 Likes

You know how to write a story! You kept my attention. It was nice meeting you.
All your points were very accurate. I noticed your discomfort as well. But you did well. I was particularly proud of you when you took the “long” walk to go take your selfie.
Girl, you tried ooo… All the way from IB??
Glad you are safely home. Hope we meet again soon .

11 Likes

I just came to drop my share of I love you! for you.

And yes, you are very beautiful! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Babe… I hid my shame and finished the chicken and chips in the bus. I cannot come and kill myself

1 Like

Yep. Thanks for having me… I’m glad I came

1 Like

It was my other catering event in Ibadan…

1 Like

@debpoppy Glad you had so much fun and selfies… “The Poppy” sound good. Putting that on the back of the “Shitty Ideas” t-shirt i got for you. Bless Your Soul

3 Likes

@Drew , The Poppy took a photo with your husband oh… coman see

3 Likes

Babe. The discomfort was high o. The struggle was not of this land… Thank God I know how to smile… The smile be saving lives since 1990…

AND THANK GOD I SAT WITH YOU, IF NOT, MY PARTY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE TOILET.

6 Likes

Are you serious!!! OMG!!!Are you kidding me!!! Awwwwwwwnnn. I’m touched… Thanks so much. God bless your soul as well

3 Likes

The poppy, you are beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I think you should change ur username :joy::rofl:

8 Likes

I want an oversized T-shirt :no_good_woman:t4:‍♀️

3 Likes

Who is the husband? You or Brymo?

Plot twist.

3 Likes

what do you want it to say?

1 Like

Brymo :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I have no idea :see_no_evil: