How True? Drinking Aerated Drinks Such As Coca Cola After Eating Mangoes Causes Death


#1

According to a would-be warning that is circulating via social media, you should never drink aerated beverages such as Coca Cola after eating mangos because the combination of the two can kill you.

The message cites a case in which an Indian tourist in China died after eating mangos and then consuming Coca Cola straight after. It warns that aerated drinks and mangos combined can turn into a very potent poison that is ‘instantly capable of killing a human’.

However, the claims in the supposed warning are utter nonsense. Both mangos and coke are products that are consumed by a great many people all around the world every single day. And, they will very often be consumed together. Given the popularity of the two products, a great many people in many different locations would have died from consuming them if the poison claims were true.

Yet, there are no credible news or medical reports that support the claims that people have died after drinking coke and eating mangos. And, of course, if the claims were true, official warnings about consuming the products together would be widely publicised via food and drink labels and websites, government health advisories, and news reports all around the world.

There is no scientific basis to the claim that aerated soft drink and mangos can somehow magically combine to create a deadly poison. It seems likely that the callous prankster who launch this silly hoax simply made up the story…Continue here


#2

Lol this makes me laugh because I heard this when I was younger then I intentionally took the combo to see what would happen… nothing happened…but I’m not sure it’s safe tho since I was just a kid… but I assume that there were other factors that contributed to the death of whoever took that and died


#3

:joy::joy::joy::joy: