casting rocks into the fiery furnace of innovation
forging metals long before Abraham existed
making bronze tools against all odds

I am the rhyme of the ọjá
the melody of the double-breasted ogele
that sweet cry of the ekwe

I am the chimes of Osita’s guitar
calming the spirits of our ancestors with praises
my voice reverberating with descants so euphonious the gods’ mouths are left ajar

I am the progeny of bravery
the high rising courage of the Ijele
never afraid to battle subjugation or slavery
I am the resilience of the Aro confederacy
the rush of unanticipated adrenaline
protecting my people against invaders
oppugning the White man’s degeneracy

I am the nude form of valor
beating the drums of war with my body
painted with the blood and tears of my foes
commanding my chest to oscillate to the rhythm of the igba

I am the illumination of the sub-Sahara
the land of the rising Sun
taking Africa away from its dusk into its technological dawn
With minds more valuable than vibranium

From atop the hills of Enugu
To the saline mountains of Ebonyi
Overlooking the swampy rivers of Imo
To the plain lands of Anambra
running beneath the caves of Abia

I am the child of Nri
The heartbeat of 40 million people

This Heritage.
This is who I am.

#Poetry #IgboPoem

crg.ng/MorrisIgboPoem

Top Authors & Influencers - August 2018

Welcome to all post of illuminati cult where all your heart desire are granted and power over all things in the world, this is well know fact that the illuminati church consist of multi billionaires and have power, weath, riches and be a famous person in the world. Join the illuminati cult online today and get instant sum of 300million dollars with a free home anywhere you choose to live in the world and also get 100,000,000 dollars monthly as a salary… If you are interested please kindly contact us via email below (drbenson666@gmail.com or call +2349030355238}BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI. A Cash Reward of USD $300,000,000 USD A New Sleek Dream CAR valued at USD $120,000 USD A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice One Month holiday (fully paid) to your dream tourist destination. One year Golf Membership package A V.I.P treatment in all Airports in the World A total Lifestyle change Access to Bohemian Grove Monthly payment of $70,000,000 USD into your bank account every month as a member One Month booked Appointment with Top 5 world Leaders and Top 5 Celebrities in the World. Tell us little about yourself… No dirty game,no sacrifices and No evil, a cult of peace, big aim Illuminati email us drbenson666@gmail.com or call us on +2349030355238}whatsapp no:+2347053687079