"If At A Certain Age You Want A Baby But You're Not Married, Go For It!-Yvonne Nelson

“If you are a woman and you think you are getting to a certain age and you want to have kids and you meet a responsible guy who hasn’t yet proposed but wants same thing, it depends on you and him. You can go ahead and do it if you think the guy is right and responsible and he makes you happy, Why not?” Those were the words of Yvonne Nelson in an interview with WOW magazine.

She said she has been hoping to get pregnant since she turned 29 years and recalls how she cried her eyes out during her birthday then because she was still single and had no baby.

Speaking on whether the pregnancy was all planned out, she said It was, and the truth of the matter is, it’s been something I’ve been waiting for since I turned 29. On my 30th birthday, I was in Venice, Italy. I remember the night before my birthday, I called my mum and I was crying. I was so sad, I was seeing someone else then and he was an ideal guy and everything. He took me there for my birthday and he proposed.

He is somebody I would have loved to have a family with but he wanted me to move to London. My whole life was going to change because of him and it’s not something you should do. You don’t have to change your whole life because of a man, because of your marriage. I’m sure most people do, so in the long run it didn’t work out.

It’s quite funny because someone proposed and I didn’t get to have a baby for the person, and this person who hasn’t proposed, I’m having a baby for him, so it’s a vibe, it’s friendship, it’s understanding, it’s how the person makes you (feel). It’s not about someone putting a rock on your finger and you forget.’

When asked of her reaction when she knew she was pregnant, Yvonne said
‘’I wasn’t sure but I suspected I was. I was in London at the time with my man. I was so ready; I knew this was what I wanted at this moment in my life. I pray to God all the time and I tell him that I want to start a family and have kids of my own, It was part of my
prayers so I just knew that I’m not married but this is what I want to
do. So when I did a test and it came out positive, I was truly happy.

‘’But the hard part was having to tell my mum, I waited for my mum ,
she had just returned from a trip, I remember telling her I was
pregnant and she was so shocked and her first words were but you are
not married and I replied her back yes mum I know and then it was a
long conversation but right now she is just so happy and so am I.’’

Revealing details about the “Soon-to-be-father”, she said he’s British, has been a father before and is super lucky to become one again.

According to her, they both have an understanding, a vibe and friendship but no marriage plans yet.

No doubt, She’s a Yummy Mummy:

At the end, the true fulfillment in life is gotten when you are truly happy, happy with your choices and decision, regardless of what anyone thinks.

True tho… It takes people who really understand themselves to take this decision and stick to it…

Is she promoting having child out of wedlock

But what if she’s scared of getting too old without being pregnant or having no kids? Some people are scared of that you know…

If she is scared abeg wetin the likes Linda Ikeji, Genevieve, Rita Dominic and the rest go do na.

What’s the assurance that, when he proposes sometime and she gets into marriage, she won’t want to come out of it.

Yeah, there would be pressure but will you kill yourself.

The truth… Not everybody is going to be in a marriage with children (the usual), things happen doesn’t make it bad. People just want to be happy.
There are relationships that the “ring” was the worst thing that could have happened to them. That’s reality, we can shy away from it or just accept the real truth of life.

It doesn’t still make sense, she did cause she wanted it but the message to the public. So, are you saying when I don’t see someone to marry, I should go and have kids out of wedlock just to be happy.

Hmmmm… You have a point… To some people they probably wished they never had kids with their husband years after marriage.

Some people are just scared about marriage.

No… But what makes “her situation” a sin or morally wrong?
What of unmarried people that have sex daily and nobody hears anything about it?
What makes her own wrong? … because a baby came out of it?

This is her own advice. If it works for her, might not work for you or me. It is her choice.

My point is having kids within wedlock still doesn’t guarantee happiness ,if she choose this. Goodluck to her , It doesn’t make it an “irritating” act.

Its dicey you know, She probably isn’t out to preach about having a kid outside wedlock, but the fear of not having a baby.

People do it alot outside Nigeria. Some women prefer to be single women, so they just find a doctor who probably can provide a sperm and do all the medical magic so she has her baby… They won’t even bother to know the man.

She would be encouraging having babies outside the confines of marriage.

Its a nice one Yvonne, can’t wait to see if its a girl or boy. And the resemblance.

I heard its a girl… :breast_feeding:t5:

Baby girls are so cute… She must be very very happy. Congratulations. But don’t stop at one o. You are still young.

Well i’ll do this if i know i’m getting too old like 40-50 and no man is forthcoming. Should i die without no kids?

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: My dear she is not married o… She had better stop at this one, get married and continue.

Hers won’t be the first or last.
If she had a baby after she got a ring. It won’t still make the “baby mama” reign end.
We may act like what celebrities do or say affect and influence us but the truth is We all make choices convenient for us… Nobody is to blame but “Ourselves”

sincerely, i feel she made this story up just to justify her having a child out of wedlock.