Men are scum or not?

I’m blushing my dear :kissing_heart:

You’re welcome brother. :+1:

Please explain

Sorry where are you from and who told you this?

We are. Men and Women. But not all.

To reiterate, I was answering @Enigma’s question: why do we feel the need to do all 3 wedding ceremonies.

This is my own interpretation to why Christendom mandates Church Wedding
If you’re a practicing Christian, the Church believes that until you’re married in the presence of God, God has not joined you together. Matt19:6. As a Christian marriage is a covenant with God.

Yes, the Church comes up with certain rules that may not be exact wordings of the Bible, but are inferred. It’s your choice to follow them or not.

Some denominations will not officiate your wedding outside the building of the church.

The Catholic Church demands that a couple unwed in the church shouldn’t partake in the Body of Christ (communion).
Some families will not let their daughters live with their husbands after only traditional marriage

Some churches mandates the bride to go for pregnancy tests a day before the white wedding, of which the traditional wedding has been concluded… So many examples.

Personally, I feel Christianity should be more uncomplicated, but if one decides to identify with a church (faith), either practice it completely, or take the teachings you are convinced about. After all, we are on a personal race.

Oh my word !! That relationship was doomed the moment she needed to BEG for marriage …

Isn’t traditional marriage recognized in the Nigerian Constitution? Shouldn’t there be a registry in their local county ? Even a formal letter from the chief’s office or sth

How is she living with a man for 9 years still holding a grudge ? Having sex with him … building a life with him , having more children with all the bitterness in her heart?

Ofcourse the nigga is now willing to comply and go to court so he can relocate …

THIS particular man is definitely scum…
He’s the poster child for trashy scumbags

Madam !! Why is she still in that " marriage" She should go to texas with her children and leave that excuse of a man behind …
The devil is a damn Liar !!

Religion aaah of course this discussion became about religion.

U never disappoint :joy: I was wondering if you won’t show your face :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So if I decide to just do a traditional marriage or just tell my husband to be and his family to just pay bride price and that’s all, it means the marriage wasnt blessed by God and therefore can’t be considered as a marriage abi?

Since we are quoting bible verses:

Gen_30:20 And Leah said, God hath endued me with a good dowry; now will my husband dwell with me, because I have born him six sons: and she called his name Zebulun.

Gen_34:12 Ask me ever so much dowry and [marriage] gift, and I will give according to what you tell me; only give me the girl to be my wife.

Exo_22:16 If a man seduces a virgin not betrothed and lies with her, he shall surely pay a dowry for her to become his wife.

Exo_22:17 If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equivalent to the dowry of virgins.

1Sa_18:25 Saul said, Say this to David, The king wants no dowry but a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to avenge himself of the king’s enemies. But Saul thought to make David fall by the Philistines’ hands. (This is King David paying dowry)

In Gen 30:20, Jacob wanted to marry. What was the prescribed procedure for marriage? He had to pay a dowry which consisted of working for 7 years for each wife.

The bible passages above are all traditions, so are you trying to say it is also not blessed by God because they didn’t go to church for a priest to read some bible passages for them, sing hymns and pray?

The whole church wedding thingy is a western type of marriage and i’m yet to see where it is recorded in the bible of church marriage?

I’m pretty sure some of our grand parents, great grand parents and even parents didn’t have a church wedding, so it wasn’t blessed by God?

We keep forgetting that we are the church of Christ and where we always go to worship is just a building.

The church said this, the church said that. You’d never hear a Muslim say stuffs like this.

True.

This thread is getting interesting. Let me start reading from the beginning again.

I’d like to remind everyone that this is “give your opinion or advice” topic.

Please do not take it to another level.
Thanks.

Gentle Reminder:

Separate Church from State

@Monique and @Enigma serving my thoughts hot!! I wonder the God of the Christian you are talking of o. Is it the one that said " where two or more are gather in His name" and "in the presence of two or more witness the truth is established” or is there one we don’t know of?
Traditional marriage is recognized, that’s what you call customary marriage from social studies… :grinning: They are not living in San as long as they have been joined together by their trad. Most churches won’t join couple’s if they have not performed the trad rites…

@Angie it is called Colonial Mentality when you say Church weddings are more recognized than trad weddings. It just doesn’t make sense. People have been getting married for generations before 1860 so of course traditional weddings are also weddings.

Separate Church from State.

No one is stopping you from doing the marriage ceremony you desire.
I’m not the law of the church. @agbalumo
I’m not forcing any doctrine or instructions on you.

You asked a question @Monique, I gave you answer as to why I think the Church requires Church wedding.

If you all keep nitpicking everything, we won’t exhaust this topic.

It’s a personal race. Do you.

Can i just have a mutual understand with a lady so we could just have a child. Nothing but Respect and Human Love

:joy::rofl::rofl: smh! Goan marry

lol…

This man is scum abeggg :ok_woman::joy: