Menstrual cups - No Tampons, No Problem

divacup-400_e6964c1d-c8b7-473a-a8cd-d15f77313be7_grande

A menstrual cup is a type of feminine hygiene device which is usually made of flexible medical grade silicone, worn inside the vagina during menstruation to catch menstrual fluid (blood containing uterine lining). Menstrual cups are shaped like a bell with a stem. Every 4–24 hours (depending on the design and the amount of flow), a cup needs to be removed and emptied, then rinsed and reinserted.

Manufacturers have different recommendations for when to replace menstrual cups, but in general they can be reused for five years or more. Menstrual cups are promoted as more practical, cheaper, and eco-friendly than pads and tampons. Unlike tampons and pads, cups collect menstrual fluid rather than absorbing it.

The majority of menstrual cup makers sell reusable cups, rather than disposable cups. DivaCup has the most popular brand name, and you can also buy it directly from manufacturers on sites like AliExpress, by searching for menstrual cups.

Ovulation And How To Know your fertile window

nice one. but how many ladies would want to have much interaction with their menstrual blood as much as this cup requires…?
secondly, some people are still below par with hygiene during menses, especially proper disposal of pads. Now imagine someone that has enough of this cup, uses a public rest room and then forgets to dispose off the cup…I mean if another person sees it, it can cause lasting negative effect n perception of the cup.
sorry to ask… how cheap is it compared to the conventional pads?? for those that wont have the time to google the price or something of sort

Great questions. These links have very useful info, so if my answers don’t help well enough check there or someone with more experience might have a better reply.

DivaCup’s Guide for First Time Users of Menstrual Cups and video How to Insert and Remove a Menstrual Cup have comprehensive starting points. If you want a very fast intro, this video is only a minute long How To Use A Menstrual Cup - Look “Inside” at Menstrual Cups

how many ladies would want to have much interaction with their menstrual blood as much as this cup requires…?

With a little practice, a woman can dump it out and wash it without any interaction with their menstrual blood, since it stays in the cup until flushed.

some people are still below par with hygiene during menses, especially proper disposal of pads

Hopefully this could help since disposal mainly involves flushing the toilet instead of handling pads. Soap and drinkable water cover its regular washing needs.

When plumbing isn’t available, in a rural area or while hiking for example, disposal can work similar to outdoor poop disposal, for instance by using a small hand shovel or trowel to bury the fluid away from any water sources.

dispose of the cup

That’s one of its greatest advantages. It can last for years.

how cheap is it compared to the conventional pads??

It’s infinitely cheaper since a menstrual cup costs less than one box of pads.

I love pads and tampons. That blood is not fun blood so it is better it is absorbed than being collected. Thank you for the information. Now I know there is such a thing as menstrual cup.

Naa! the major reason i don’t use tampons is due to the stress and discomfort of having to insert it down there myself, it just don’t feel right to me. Pads are super perfect for me. use and dispose no further interaction.

:+1::+1::+1:

Abi o… I prefer pads joor… I can’t deal with this collecting it instead of disposing it…

Purely ladies thread…what am I doing here self :thinking:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Better rush out…

#clears throat
well then… I have made a comment already and i will remain.
Does that make me LADIES MAN? :kissing_heart:

:joy::joy::joy: Sorry for you o

lol… ok na… I am Woman Wrapper then…:grinning: or a Masculine feminist :joy: