Monkey Pox Hits Lagos; 2 Persons Already Affected

Dangerous Monkey Pox disease which hit Bayelsa State last week has been said to be found in two persons in Lagos which are presently undergoing treatment in a Private hospital in same state.

The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris who disclosed this said that among the two cases that have been reported in the state, one of the victims just returned to Lagos from Bayelsa State. He also added that so far 31 cases has been reported in the country.

Speaking at a news conference on Monday, Dr Idris said that it has become necessary to sensitize residents about the viral disease which has been reported in some states.

In his words, he said“there is the need to sensitize members of the public and provide adequate information on measures for prevention and control of the disease in line with the policy of the State Government,”

He added “I need to state that though there is no specific vaccine for the disease, vaccination against Smallpox has been proven to be 85 percent effective in preventing Monkeypox. There is also no specific anti-viral therapy for Monkey pox, however, the disease is self-limiting and could be managed conservatively.” “The symptoms in human is similar to those seen in the past in smallpox patient although less severe. “Monkey Pox Should be suspected in any person with rash, fever, chills, sweats, headache backache, lymphadenopathy, sore-throats, cough and shortness of breath.

“Residents are urged to adequate measures in order to reduce the risk of contracting the diseases. “Health workers should have a high index of suspicion any person with the above symptoms in order to improve case detection. “I need to state that though there is no specific to a vaccine for diseases, vaccination against smallpox has been proven to be 85 percent effective in preventing Monkeypox.

“There is also no specific anti-viral therapy for Monkeypox. “However the diseases are self-limiting and could be managed conservatively.” “The preventive measures to be taken against the spread of the disease include; avoiding close contact with infected people; avoiding consumption of bush meat and dead animals; cooking of meat and meat product thoroughly before eating and washing hands with soap and running water frequently and thoroughly.”

“In case of any suspected case of Monkeypox, the Lagos State Ministry of Health should be notified through the following mobile lines: 08037170614, 09087106072,” he said.

What have we done to the Animal kingdom? Cant they just leave us alone in peace…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: @Kachie What can i do with you? This is so funny…

@Judy @Drew @Aniekan come and see savage response o

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: someone said it is “SOPONA” … yoruba people should help… I don’t know what it means…

:rofl: I have asked and no body knows o… @Drew

:joy::joy::joy::joy:I am not sure you are pronouncing it well… Ask a proper yoruba boy/girl … Where is @agbalumo @W.O @iamtosyne @abnetz @fola … What is SOPONA!

god of small pox :sweat_smile::joy:

Sopona (or Shapona) is the god of smallpox in the Yoruba religion. Shapona was exported to the New World in the slave trade, where he has become known as Babalú-Ayé, among many other names, in the Orisha religion.

mo ma na e ni sopona --> I will beat you using sopona. It’s a generic word for jazz these days.

Ahh the gods must be angry :joy::joy::joy::joy:not crazy this time… what have we done to deserve this ?

1 person --> Bob motherfucking Risky :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

GOD forgive me. I’m joking.

It’s caused by Mokeypox Virus. But really who knows where that came from or how it entered the country. Maybe its a bio attack sef.

They want to upgrade sopona to monkeypox…

The solution is to carry ebo to orita meta and appease the bros

Because we as animals, share some physiological similarities with other animals, BLOOD esp., we will suffer things like monkey pox…

This is an inference from Darwin’s “Common Descent of Man and Other Animals”

Someone I know thinks the plagues are playing out in our land…lasma fever,Ebola,monkey purse

Are you serious ? Then the Gods are angry…

Movie is too much for you. bioattack

bio weaponry is real.

gods ke ?