Most parents don't see anything wrong with this because the child is still too young to understand anything. what do you all think?

WRONG. And by the way, who does this though?

Like my mum feeling Ok to dress up in front of me is wrong?

Full dress up… I think its wrong.

I thought same thing cause a neighbour does it often with her son… They bathe together and she also dresses in front of him. I was suprise she beat up the boy some days ago cause after bathing and dressing in front of him, the child said "mommy,see your ******. I got vexed at her and almost took up the matter like its my business but I walked away.

What do you think dear Judy?

and how old is the boy?

7 years old

Ok I won’t give a subjective response here. But I remember when I was growing up I once excused myself when my mom was dressing up. She shook her head and laughed at me and said a Yoruba proverb "You don’t hide from who will bury you"the interpretation of the proverb. She told me I’ll be the one to bury her so why hide from me and that what if she were to fall sick so I wouldn’t be able to take care of her and bathe her? She asked. But this doesn’t mean I still can talk rudely at her or anything. Sometimes when she’s bathing and there’s important gist and I’m probably in a hurry to go out,we gist there in d bathroom oh.

But I would say it depends on how the parents explain it to the child and it depends on the age. And a mom should feel Ok being unclad around her daughter and a father around his son. Not the opposite. The age is very important too. It’s quite a delicate matter. And u must add that it also depends on the psyche and exposure of the child

In Europe and North America, parents go to nude beaches with their kids of both genders, so all I think is proper is until the day nude beach balderdash comes and becomes a norm in Africa, it’s a capital NO

Well ѕaιd gυyѕ

Mehn… this is too deep.

NO WAY

In fact - God forbid.

@Judy see what happened in the time before time…
Genesis 9:20-25 tells us, “Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded to plant a vineyard. When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father’s nakedness and told his two brothers outside. But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father’s nakedness. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father’s nakedness. When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had done to him, he said, ‘Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers.’”

cc @Oluwarufus @enigma @opisthocranium

scratches head I don’t know mehn. I only spoke from my level of understanding. Doesn’t mean this is right or wrong. We live in crazy times

Yea I thought so too when she said it :slight_smile:

I’m not sure of a man going naked before his son, kinda disgusting. :speak_no_evil:
But generally, ladies are more convenient going unclad amidst themselves compared to guys.

Moreover @Evansakanno, Noah didn’t curse his son, Ham because he saw his nakedness but because of his reaction to it; he literarily mocked the father by calling his brothers to come take a look…I often imagine the scornful laugh on his face while running to tell his brothers. #MyUnderstanding
What do you think @jesseosiobe & @akinsanyajoseph?

@evansakanno good citation there with the Genesis 9.It reminds me of Isaiah 8:20 “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light(truth) in them.” I believe in any argument or logic, the scriptures can shed light on its veracity or fallaciousness . so the nudity stuff before one’s offsprings is improper and inadvisable. @Oluwarufus I surmise it was an error in your comment stating that Ham was cursed, regardless of Ham’s misdeed Noah didn’t curse him rather he cursed Ham’s fourth son Canaan and it’s clear in Judges 4:23,24 “So God subdued on that day Jabin the king of canaan before the children of Israel. 24And the hand of the children of Israel prospered, and prevailed against Jabin the king of canaan, until they had destroyed Jabin king of canaan.” that Canaan did reap that curse.

Ok nah :grinning:…I love this part where we are using scriptural passages to defend :angel:

It depends. I bathe with my kids (boys) but make sure they excuse their mum when getting dressed.

So so wrong.