My players are human” – Oliseh defends team after CHAN exit

<%- if @topic_view.topic.tags.present? %>
<%= t 'js.tagging.tags' %>: <%- @topic_view.topic.tags.each do |t| %> <%= t %> <%- end %>
<% end %>

Coach Sunday Oliseh has said his players have given a good image of themselves despite their group stage exit at the 2016 African Nations Championship.

Ibrahima Sankhon’s first half strike dashed the hopes of the Super Eagles reaching the quarter final of the competition despite staying atop Group C after their first two matches.

And, despite his disappointment at his side’s narrow failure, Oliseh believes that his wards can be proud of themselves for their efforts.

“Personally, I’m very proud of the boys, they have given a good image of themselves in as much as that we did not go through,” Oliseh said after the game.

“Africans will look at Nigeria in a brighter light. Is not a question of the tactics we chose for the game, we told the players to play well.

“We came out to win with a plan to stay compact and when we have the ball to play. Today [against Guinea], when we had the ball we didn’t play.

“The players are humans and at some point they break, and that is what happened. All I can say is that my players are humans and there is a limit that they can hold. For some morals reasons, they couldn’t find it.

“What did not go right is the fact that I think [against Guinea] somewhere inside it was difficult for the players to overcome some moral difficulties they have come across.

“This is an adult tournament and there are certain things which must be present if you want to go far and win the tournament, and that is what my players see is existing in other teams that we don’t have in our team,” he concluded.

1 Like

Absolutely agree, even in cybersport https://egamersworld.com/ players are human