This natural home remedy might not sound that appealing, but it has been a successful treatment for hair loss for decades. It has been shown to help increase hair growth and reverse grey hair when applied to the scalp.
Onion is rich in sulfur. This mineral is one of the main building blocks of hair. It improves blood circulation and provides the hair follicles with sufficient nourishment. Onion also has anti-bacterial properties, so it helps with scalp infections that might contribute to hair loss. Furthermore, it contains the enzyme catalase, which is an anti-oxidant that can prevent premature graying.
How to Make Onion Rinse For Hair Growth
Onion juice for hair growth
· Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces.
· Squeeze the juice out. To extract the juice, you can use a food processor, a blender, a grater or a juicer.
· Massage the juice into your scalp or cover the bald patches.
· Leave on for at least 15 minutes (longer if you can tolerate the smell) and then wash out using a mild shampoo.
Onion and honey mix for hair growth
· Mix ¼ cup of onion juice with 1 tablespoon of honey (if more mixture is required, double the amounts).
· Apply the paste onto your scalp.
· Leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
· You can also cover it with a shower cap and leave it overnight.
· Rinse it off.
This is a natural treatment, so you’ll have to be a bit patient to see the results. Use it daily (or minimum three times a week) and allow at least two months for your hair to start becoming stronger and shinier.
More Tips to Treat Hair Loss
If you’re bothered by the strong smell of the onion, add some lemon juice or rose water to your hair rinse. Essential oils can also be used. Rosemary, lavender and peppermint all promote hair re-growth.
Rinse with COLD water when finished, to close the fibers in the hair.