Reusable Pads for underprivileged girls in rural communities

A UNESCO report estimates that one in ten girls in Sub-Saharan Africa misses school during their menstrual cycle. By some estimates, this equals as much as twenty percent of a given school year.

Many girls drop out of school altogether once they begin menstruating. Should young women miss twenty percent of school days in a given year due to a lack of facilities or a lack of information or a lack of sanitary products!.

Project period hopes to give over 500 girls a reusable sanitary pad kit that would last them for over a year as well as provide these girls with menstrual hygiene talks.

A kit cost only #2,000

Join us in making a change.

Contact Eby on 08108783050
or ebyakhigbe@gmail.com.

#LetsDoMore

14 Likes

Hello @Everybody

This is a worthy cause and I have verified the post .

Thank you.

15 Likes

I will like to purchase these re-useable pads for several charitable events as well. Please help with the name of brand.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Karo, We are making these pads in house . Alternatively, you can contact padup creations in niger state on 07030065618.

Its a great initiative to want to give out these pads. kindly start with us. smiles

3 Likes

This is a really good idea! but I’d like to understand what materials the re-usable pads would be made of. would it be cloth-like?

4 Likes

Thank you.

Send me the profile of your NGO via kehindeonasoga@hotmail.com

We can discuss there, maybe not this initaitive but subsequent ones.

2 Likes

Please if it is free,I need it to help distribute to kids in a school close to my house in warrior.

Do you mean Warri?

@eby did you get this?

Hahaaa…typographical error… Warri not warrior.

1 Like

Maybe because your phone knows that people from Warri are warriors
:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Maybe…LOL

hahahah Women in warri are worriors lol. sure if we get enoufh funds we can come down and do some work there. Thats why we need your help

1 Like

hahahha especially their womn

No wahala. You are welcome. A lot of kids need help over here. It is just so unfortunate that I can’t do anything at the moment.

1 Like

Nice idea,what does the pad look like?

Hello @eby can we get photos? @nikkyb and @ogeh47 are curious.

1 Like

they look like these depending on the colour of flannel used

3 Likes

This is a worthy cause…

2 Likes