Sit with the word till you get intoxicated – preachdigest devotional 2018

Key Scripture
Titus 2 [11]

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed

DIGEST
When someone is intoxicated by an intoxicant, the person is influenced and controlled by the intoxicant. His/her judgment is substantially altered and in the case of a driver, their ability to drive is impaired.
Now, the word of God is being likened to an intoxicant, and we are admonished to sit with it till we are intoxicated by it, till we are influenced by it. Eat it (not literarily though) till all our actions are no more ours. Till our vision (sight), becomes impaired and all we see when we look at things, situations and circumstances around us, are what He sees.

We don’t just see others and things through His eyes, we see Christ in us too. We look at the mirror and don’t see that imperfect, lazy, full of faults, etc; girl or boy anymore, we see what God sees when He looks at us and we live life as Sons. Doing the things of Daddy, which is the preaching of the gospel and reconciliation of people in the world, to Him? So keep at it, always study and meditate on the word. Keep growing, keep revealing Christ…. We cover the earth. God bless you.

PRAYER
Father thank you for your love, and the ability you have given me to stay with your word. Thank you father because all I see is what you see. I grow in you and I am influenced by you. :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart: