Smacking Children, Right Or Wrong?

Children are dependent on their parent and immediate environment to instill the right morals and conduct in them to be better individuals.

In the process of correcting and imbibing the right values, there’re times when it might warrant beating, smacking, flogging, igabu, igbati whatever you prefer to call it.

However, some parents are of the opinion that beating/smacking shouldn’t be considered at all in bringing up a child.

Is it possible to raise kids without having to correct them by beating them at times?

Should beating be totally eradicated in children upbringing?

Can a child be raised without smacking?

Does beating guarantee a child turning out well?

How do you discipline your child and instill fear in your child without having to smack them once or twice?

Even the bible supports it “he that spares the rod, hates his son” so, smacking jxt has a way of resetting the sense:joy:

3 Likes

Nah, beating doesn’t change any child or make her better… Sometimes, it pushes them away from you. There are different ways to punish a child without laying a hand on her and she will eventually beg for the cane…

3 Likes

I’m in full support of ‘wozing’ a child when necessary. Sometimes, children just need the ‘hard’ reset. I’m a beneficiary of wozing and it helped my destiny (although not exclusively).

6 Likes

I was a very stubborn child and my mum really had my time when she noticed it. I remember that there were times when the thought of receiving the beating of my life was all that kept me from doing some stupid stuffs cos my mum would beat me blueblack with a tinge of purplish-brown. I think those colourful beatings actually added their own values to my life. :joy: :rofl: :smile:

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Haba! Why so hard?

Chei! But i’m sure you never noticed this while growing up… I’m sure you thought she hated you :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

As in ehn, there was a time I was convinced beyond doubts that I was adopted. :rofl: You know when person go beat you finish kon tell you say you must eat afterwards and still beat you if you refuse to eat? That was my childhood. Another time I used to dread was end of term when results would be handed to each student. My mama no wan know your scores o. Na that top left corner of the sheet she get business with. If I no come 1st, 2nd or 3rd, heavens go know say I need wisdom and knowledge o. Cos the beating no go be here. I sha know I won’t beat my own children cos of their results, that I’d never do. But I’d forever be grateful to my mum. She ensured reading became a part of me. When I get that MB,BS degree, it’s for my mama first then for me. I don already dedicate my B.Sc and M.Sc to my papa (equal dedication) :grin:

3 Likes

see my person… :kissing_heart::heart_eyes:

this is how they kill our experimental and adventurous spirit from small:thinking::thinking:

My dear, the kain experiment wey I for dey carry out now ehn, the whole world go don know me by now, whether na for good or bad, I no know, but everybody go sha know :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: i tell you o

1 Like

Same here o… They will beat you and you cannot even cry in peace and form small vex… If you vex they will beat you for getting angry and frowning your face… If you cry out loud, they will beat you for telling the whole world that they are beating you and if you now decide not to eat, you’re dead for trying to vex too much and allowing the food waste…

I told my mum once na… that i’m sure she is not my mother, that she should go and return me to my real parents… but they never flogged us for failing exams o… But my dear, with the way they will use their mouth to finish you and remind you that your mates do not have 2 heads ehn, you will prefer they kuku kill you sef… :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Thank God for these things they did o… They made us stronger and fit with the cane but i think i’ll communicate more before using the cane which most of our parents failed to do.

1 Like

You need to see me laughing!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I think you and I had similar experiences mehn. The diff be say them no beat you for result, na words them use for you. Me ehn, both beating and words, na all I receive. :rofl:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I can’t wait for the day my children will ask me “are you my mother? I don’t really think u’re my mother” and I’ll send them out of the house to go look for their mother. Apart from beating there are so many ways to set a child straight; like punishment, grounding the child and depriving the child from that thing he/she loves the most. I can’t promise not to beat every once a while sha.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: It can’t be that bad… :joy:

1 Like

Ok oh. We will see. If na abroad dem dey sef, I’ll send dem down to Nigeria to coman receive small home training, like spending a few years in govt boarding school for example.

1 Like

hahahahahahaa… Beht why na…

1 Like