The Scariest Day Of My Life

Okay. I would like to tell you about an incident that, without any doubt, was the scariest thing that had ever happened to me and my family.

It’s going to be a long answer, so stay put fellas. You can consider this as to be the worst nightmare of any parents…

I was kidnapped.!!!

Yes, you read it right. From the streets of my home…

Let me start from the beginning.

I was 10 years old, studying in 4th std. It was Diwali vacation. We lived in a government quarters back then.

It was Saturday. Generally my mom slept at noon with me doing my comic book reading or painting.

One thing about my mother, she was very strict back then. She had all these rules about personal tv limits, playing outside of the house hours, games time limits.

Playing outside time limit was 1 to 1.5 hours and she was always present the whole time, watching if I misbehaved in any way.

So that Saturday afternoon, my mom was asleep and dad had gone for some work and suddenly my friends from neighborhood came to the front door, asking me to come outside and play with them.

I denied first, but then I couldn’t resist the temptation so I opened the door as slowly as I could without making any noise and sneeked out.

We started playing hide and seek I was hiding behind my house, waiting for someone to find me. And then something happened. Someone came from my behind and everything went dark, blank. He/she did something. I don’t know. I don’t remember anything after that.

Still reading!!!. Great… Because its going to get int e resting…

When I woke up I found myself in a train. An empty train. I immediately panicked. I had never sat in a train before. There was no one around and when I looked through the window and saw it was night outside. So it means I was out more than 5 to 7 hours!!! Where am I???

Imagine a 10 year old struggling to know whats happening to her??? Scary right…!!!

Then I found a board named, Vadodara junction . I started to freak out because vadodara is 4hours from my home. At that age I only knew that it was a big city.

I started remembering what had happened. I looked through the window again to spot a man, women or someone who brought me here. I saw two men talking, I was not sure that they were the same. I couldn’t tell. I didn’t know what to do next.

Whenever I recall that situation, me in an empty train; I now knew that that’s the moment when something changed inside me, or something grew in my mind i.e courage. Yes I realised that if I don’t do something quick and smart then I was gonna end up god knows where…

So, just one click in my mind and in next second I jumped on the opposite side. Where there’s no platform just Railway tracks. I injured myself a little but I didn’t care. I started running in the dark. I didn’t know where to go or how to find the main road. I just ran as fast as i could.

Scary stuff yeah!!!

After sometime I found myself on the streets, street lights were on and everything seemed so strange. I had never seen a city as big as that. Then I walked for like 2 hours. And I reached god knows where. It was almost midnight. I saw Hanumanji Temple .

Due to Saturday There were so many people doing pooja and aarti. I went there and sat outside.

People started to stare at me. Its because my long knee-length hair were untied. Its not everyday scenario for them.

I broke down and started crying. I was all alone, on a land I don’t know, with people I don’t know, starving for food and water. I thought about my mother who always told me not to go outside without her permission. I couldn’t hold any longer. .I want to go home…

God always sent new hope when everything seems fall apart. After that one man came to me and started asking questions about me.

I was scared again. I couldn’t trust anyone. What if he was the one who kidnapped me in the first place And now he found me again. Fear ran in my spine once again. So I cried loud as I can. He hugged me and try to calm me down and asked again nicely.

Then I told him everything. After all I was a child how hard it is to convice a 10 years old. He said that he would take me back to my home.

I was confused again. What if he was a new kidnapper and take me to the bad guys, what then? (I used to watch all type of crime movies of Bollywood back then).

And again that feeling of being insecured and getting kidnapped grew inside me, I felt that again. And that feeling was so strong that in the next moment itself without any hesitation I started asking him about himself .who was he? Where he lived?

He said he used to updown daily from dahod (my hometown) to Vadodara daily. He gave me an address that was near my uncle’s house. So I asked him about my uncle. He gave me all the answers, my uncles name, my aunts name, my uncle’s job his sons and daughters. He knows him.

I was relieved. He fed me with some cash he had because it was month ending.After that he took me to his office where I slept till morning. At 6 am we took the train to dahod And at 9am I was about to reach my home.

I met people in the train way back home. He told me how he found me and now he taking me to my parents. Those nice people bought snacks for me And bless him for doing this.

Awwwwwww!!!

As I layed my feet on the ground I saw my father first, with my uncle and with carrying bags. He was about to go in search of me.

I shouted “papaa", from distance and started running towards him. I hugged him tight. We both were crying. That person who rescued me also started crying. My father thanked him by touching his feet( thats Father’s love ).

We all went back to home and I saw huge crowd of people outside our house. I never saw so many people in my life.

My mom saw me and hugged me and kissed me all over. I was gone for one night and so much had happened here.

Everyone were asking me questions and I was seeing so many happy faces