Think about these things

The past one month has been crazy and challenging as pertain to work and development.
I got promoted to handle something waay bigger than I was expecting.
While all these events were unfolding I met a Business Consult with whom I shared my fears and headache in this new position. And his words were relieving.

He sent me this. And I’d like to share here…

Lesson One

I often meet people, young people mostly, who want to start out on their dreams but who ain’t giving it their all in my opinion… And when I talk about virtues like hardwork, long suffering and personal development, the usual answer I get is, “Are those people at the top doing all of these things?”

But I never seem to be able to convince them that the “top people” they are talking about did it for a long time but after getting to the top, they can now rest a little and enjoy

Advice?
Stop comparing your personal growth habits with people who’ve gotten to the top… It takes so much energy for a space ship to take off, but once in orbit, it takes less than a breath of air to keep it moving…

Don’t look at what they are doing today… Ask for the habits they had when they were starting… Those are the habits to copy…

Management Lesson -
To be sitting doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

Lesson Two .

When I have the opportunity to talk to younger people and I am asked to pick one book that’s been so instrumental to my journey, I always smile… You see, I know they are asking me for the shortest cut and not just the short cut…

My response? Read at least 30 of the best books in your specific field… And at least 300 books all round… Or if you favor audio visuals, 3, 000 YouTube videos

Oookkkkk… Often times, I rarely get called back to speak in such places

But then the point is, you can tip toe your way to the top, but except by luck (not miracle), one day, someone is going to ask you to defend/justify your profession and confession with results… Expect it…

Management Lesson -
Bullshit might get you to the top, but it won’t keep you there.

Lesson Three

We live in a very complex and complicated world where things often turn out exactly the opposite of what we planned… The popular saying of “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans”…

And one of the blessings God has given us is people

Unfortunately, we have gotten used to “binding, loosing and raining Holy Ghost fire” on anybody who seemingly doesn’t support our dreams or aspirations, at the time we need him/her to be…

Funny enough, most times, life brings people not to drag us down but to toughen us for our future battles… But we only see it in retrospect, especially 20-30yrs down the line…

1. The “bad teacher” who beat us black and blue in primary school now seems to be “My best English teacher ever”
  2. The “wicked house master” is now remembered as “My teacher who molded my character”
  3. The “overbearing lecturer” is now remembered as “The only sound lecturer in my department back then”
  4. The “sadistic professor” becomes “The professor that gave me the culture of research”
  5. The “low paying boss” becomes “That man won’t pay you well o but the experience and expertise I got there is what is helping me fly in my career now”

Tough people are never what they first seem to be… If we keep living, we’ll find the reason why they were brought into our lives in the first place…

Advice?
Stop running away from difficult situations and people… And don’t always join up with people who gravitate towards easy routes… You might just regret it in years to come…

Management Lessons -
(1) Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.
(2) Not everyone who gets you out of shit is your friend.
(3) And when you’re in deep shit, it’s best to keep your mouth shut!

Deep words… I’ve learning a lot this year and I think its safe to say year 2017 has been my best year so far… I’m proud of being alive…

Thanks @abnetz …this means a lot.

This one sank really deep!

2017 has exposed me to a whole lot of new experience and I know that I’m now a better person than I was last year.

You’re welcome. Glad to know 2017 has been awesome for you.

Or talk to ur trusted family and friends also for moral support. Some shit can’t be handled alone cos it would look and feel like the end of the world in that moment. Better still pray about it.

No truer words than these. :clap:t5:

This notion has got many heading nowhere.

Wise words. These should be internalized in our heart. Thanks for this @abnetz

:ok_hand:

:rofl::rofl: It has to be a serious bullshit!! Should try this soon!!

perfecto!!