#ThisIsNigeria: The Fear of Losing Her

#ThisIsNigeria: The Fear of Losing Her.
You know, when you’re young… when you’re so young that you think everything is just… Its just as real as it gets, especially that thing called love.

I was like that when I just gained admission into Unilag. I was just so young, foolish and obsessed about that thing called love. I thought that every relationship I dab into must work out the way I wanted it to. I always hoped that I wouldn’t really have to try and things would just come together and go smoothly the way I wished and wanted. It wasn’t that way though.

Debby was a dancer. She was just too vibrant and full of life. She was so beautiful and amazing. You know… She was that girl. The one the other guys always fawned over and checked out; the all eyes on me girl. Any guy that was with her, my oh my - the other guys were always jealous of him.
I was that guy and she was my girl.

We were so in love - so perfect for each other. Every time I saw her it was like being in the presence of an angel. I was smitten by her beauty. She was just too amazing.

We actually met at a musical concert held at the Main Auditorium. I know, I know I was in it for the girls and well, there she was.
She could really sing and she could dance like nothing you’ve ever seen before. Everything about her was just it - absolutely perfect. You know…

We didn’t get together for a few months. It took her a while to fall for my charms but she did though.
We got along for real, went out together often, several overnights, movie nights and lots of fun. I got to know her friends and family then I was charmed, engrossed and obsessed with her. To the very point that i was just too jealous and over protective of her whenever I see guys talk or walk with her, especially this well built guy in her dancing group called Sam. I noticed he had a crush on her and it seemed like I was gonna lose her. I told her but she kept saying I shouldn’t worry myself that no one can take her from me. But that wasn’t so convincing.
I became in secured, aggressive, violent and emotionally pained.

All that was on my mind was to find a way to deal with that God forsaken guy called Sam.

I tried very hard to impress and please Debby the more. I added some other romantic tips to d former ones I had just because I don’t want to lose her to Sam or any other guy. She did appreciate them but I still had it in mind that there was a rival.

Then a day came that I bumped into this guy called Sam. I was so aggrieved that I confronted him and warned him never to go near my girl again. He smiled and said to me, she’s not your girl she’s mine. I punched him instantly and we did wrestle with each other.
Debby heard about it and she was so mad at me and dishing out all manners of insults and tantrums at me. I became furious and hit her on the cheek slightly she fell on the floor and I realised I just messed up. I tried every thing I could to beg her and apologise for my nasty behaviours but she never accepted she said it was time to call it quit.
It seemed like the whole world was against me. I almost lost my mind because Debby was my heart, my soul and my everything. I tried to reach her just to convince her that it wont happen again and everything that happened was a mistake but all was to no avail. I was frustrated and aggrieved that what I feared most was the cause of my doom, the reason I lost my lovely Debby - Life seemed unfair, uneasy and I felt betrayed.

35 Likes

Wow nice one

4 Likes

Wonderful story bro…

4 Likes

Heart break… Cool story man

4 Likes

Bravo :clap:t5:

5 Likes

Thanks guys… More of the likes

4 Likes

Wow good one pretty impressive

2 Likes

@iammoana17 Thanks dearie

1 Like

Nice one

2 Likes

No worries :blush: you will find a new love… Lol. Nice story.

2 Likes

Really nice man

1 Like

Fine one. Better days ahead bro

1 Like

Na sooo life be ooh. But never give up…

2 Likes

O make sense. Unilag babes Na sly naa

2 Likes

Simply emotional

2 Likes

This is deep :blush: