Video: Is Samsung Trying To Hate On Apple With This AD-Video?

Samsung today posted a new video on its YouTube channel called “Samsung Galaxy: Growing Up,” which follows the life of a young man as he purchases Apple devices over the course of ten years, and then decides to switch sides to Samsung on the eve of the iPhone X launch.
Samsung
The video begins at the iPhone launch in 2007, and subsequent years show the main character facing storage issues when taking a photo and waiting in long lines under poor weather conditions for the latest iPhone. At one point, he drops his iPhone in water and has to place it in a bowl of rice, while his girlfriend’s Samsung device continues to function. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Other points made in the ad center around the iPhone’s lack of stylus support, as well as its need for dongles after the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack in the iPhone 7. The ad ends with the character’s decision to turn off his iPhone and purchase a Samsung Galaxy smartphone, and he eventually walks past a line of people waiting for the iPhone X – including a guy with a notch-like haircut – without joining them.

The latest Samsung smartphone is the Galaxy Note 8, which launched in September with dual rear cameras, a 6.3-inch AMOLED ‘Infinity Display’, and a new and enhanced S Pen with improved pressure sensitivity. Many publications favorably reviewed the Note 8 prior to its launch, agreeing that the lack of an explosive battery made Samsung’s newest device a step up from the Note 7.

What do you think? Is Samsung trying to set a duel with Apple?

So lets vote, which phone would you go for?

• Apple Phone
  • Samsung Phone

0 voters

Mac Rumours

Lol! This kind of rivalry is not new. The part that got me cracked up was where the guy dumped his iPhone in rice so it’ll get dry:rofl: they each have their own users sha. The competition continues. Techno will soon join…

This calls for war, isn’t this rather too much for an ad, down grading someone else’s product to get sales. I not a user of Iphone or Samsung yet but this seem a bit too extreme and shows how Samsung is desperate to make sales at all cost.

IT’s not new. I heard a story about Samsung suing Apple to court over an issue and winning. Apple had to pay a certain amount in millions. Apple paid them in three truckloads of coins of the said amount. Samsung had to pay people to count the money.

Facebook tried to buy Snapchat. Snapchat refused. Now you see Snaptchat features on facebook, messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram.

It’s a dog eat dog world out in the tech top.

This is not the first video or ad. They have several of this concept. I saw one this morning where the guy was like he could smell grilled ribs using his Samsung phone just by snapping the picture and iPhone was just there like groundnut

Tec…what? Don’t go there

That’s obviously the best way to steal customers and that’s what they are trying to achieve…

I see its been a thing…

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: If they get a good Ad they will join the war… Forget that the phone is not in their class…

It has been like that but, Samsung phones have better stuffs than iPhone, even in price, they are same. Checking out a Samsung phone 100k plus and iPhone too.

Lol! Calm down na. BT for real, Techno peeps are churning out some dope piece o. Although they can’t stand Samsung and Apple, BT they are doing good for themselves sha.

Abi o

Which year

I’m gonna publish something about this soonest. Using unethical means to grow brand reach that will probably lead to conversion. Nigerians don’t believe in savage responses or reply and meme marketing. I actually tried meme marketing for a brand I worked with last year and the result it was awesome.

Yeah… I’ve always believed in Meme marketing. I believe it sticks in the head more than constructive speech… There are more chances that the word will go out more to the target audience…