What is wrong with single ladies moving out?

You know how when a guy has gotten to certain age and they move out of their parent house to live alone, married or not. In most cases, the marital status of the male spices doesn’t matter.

On the other hand most people don’t totally agree with a single lady moving out of her fathers house except for marriage purpose. It’s so bad that some landlord won’t let out their house to a single lady.

I mentioned this topic to one of my friend’s mom and she was like, “What for?” Then she went on and on about how she did not think it was a good plan for a single lady to move of her father’s house and live alone. She stated that it was not about the age, and that even if you are 28 or 30, so long as you are a single woman, your father’s house is where you belong.

This has got me thinking, What’s the headache about single ladies moving out self, why is it such a crime for a lady to live alone in our society?

What’s wrong with single ladies living alone before marriage?

2 Likes

Sometimes for security. They become easy target - especially to sex-intruders/robbers.

Most landlords don’t allow single ladies to rent apartments because a chunk of them turn such to brothels. A lady rent, two weeks down the line - It’s a full house.

However, there are few exceptions - usually come in the form of shared roommates.

6 Likes

There is nothing wrong oooo…

1 Like

Yes, but the general consensus was that any woman who lives on her own at that age, especially if her parents live in the same state is usually seen as wayward, indecent and loose.

3 Likes

I really don’t care what the society dims fit or think appropriate enough… I believe that everybody should live life-based on their own terms because everyone would always have an opinion about what you should and not do.

6 Likes

Nothing… Sadly, we are still deeply rooted in our cultural backgrounds that no matter how hard a female child tries to BE … It is not possible.
Just a few ,try to branch out of it ,get a space and all and they are tagged “Aristo carriers” OR “girls that don’t wanna get married” or they feel we want to live like what we see in the Soap Opera.
Society is the problem because they feel a girl’s place is in her parent’s house till the suitor comes to carry his flower.
The lucky ones are the ones that have to work in another state where there are no relatives so they have to stay alone.
I just hope our generation and the next generation fades out of that traditional norm that a girl can’t live alone , that she has to be nurtured and trained in her father’s house while waiting for her suitor.

3 Likes

Lol… That mindset usually comes from the people on the broke side of life… :joy::joy: That’s their general consensus babe, but on our own side of life… we know it means maturity, increased capacity.
@Zegist I love the Green halo around the DP… Tis beautiful

3 Likes

In my opinion, Full house sounds more like what single guys do

And the brothel part , is it not the same landlords that rent out spaces to the single guys that Sade visits on Monday, Aisha on Tuesday, Veronica on Wednesday …the list is endless. How is that different from a brothel

I feel the actual problem is the way the society has labelled “single girls”

7 Likes

Nothing at all. I guess people fear it gives room for many romantic affairs but really there is nothing wrong with it. Independent women are more attractive these days.

1 Like

Totally agree.

2 Likes

Most landlords don’t allow single ladies to rent apartments because a chunk of them turn such to brothels. This is the major reason especially here in southwest

2 Likes

Is that what really happens or they just assume that is what will happen?

2 Likes

Some turn out to be true but not all

Are you saying single guys don’t turn houses to brothels?

There’s nothing wrong. It’s just a problem with society and their wrong mindset. A lady can be living in her father’s house and still be wayward.

2 Likes

Ain’t saying that. Talking based on the topic

2 Likes

Very true

1 Like

Girls r more discreet with owning their apartment. I like that. Career motivated woman. They make their own independent decisions. Thumbs up

1 Like

Mehnnnn… Why am i just seeing this?

There’s absolutely nothing wrong. I’ve been living away from my family since 2014 and yea… Its not easy living alone and paying all the bills yourself but trust me, its a cool move. Mine is even out of same state.

I just relocated to another state and yeah i’m happy i’m making these moves despite the fact that there are difficult days… Days i go hungry without food, work extra to pay my bills and all sort but i’ll still do this over and over again if i have the choice.

Its your choice to turn it into a brothel… Absolutely… The only ish is security, but its just best to get your home in a more secured place at least.

5 Likes

While moving around to get my place recently, alot of these landlords or agents will always mention the place of a “boyfriend” whenever they talk…
They would be like:
“Would you be staying with your boyfriend?”
“You know you can tell your boyfriend to give you money o…” :woman_facepalming:t5:

I’m like, even if there’s a boo, can’t a woman survive her life as an unmarried adult? Like alone?

2 Likes