What To Look For When Purchasing A Wi-fi Router

You will likely find wireless routers everywhere you look – in every apartment, house, business and even that sketchy van that is always packed by the river. Having a functional wireless router gives you the ability to connect your computer and mobile devices to a broadband Internet service. Your connection then allows you to share your business data files as well as stream video on Wi-Fi-connected devices.

While you have the option of choosing a wired router, it’s advisable you go for a wireless model so you don’t have to deal with Ethernet cables running all over your place. Don’t forget that wireless routers allow easy access to the Internet for your smartphone and tablet devices.

However, if a device only works via a wired connection, wireless routers feature a built-in switch for this purpose. This leads to the question, what should you look for in a Wi-Fi router while shopping? >>>Read More<<

Thank you for the article, but why yo didn’t mention that we should know what is gonna be the router ip, router number in case we want to change it’s name and password. Till recently I didn’t know what is my ip and with http://whatsmyrouterip.com help I found it out. There is even a guide how to enter in router configs and change password or username.

I have problems with my router ip, thx for sharing