Why does God allow us go through trials and temptations?

Morris Morris please take one st.morris abi Moritz before you answer all those questions :grinning:, please give answers with scriptural backing, zegisters are not dumb, and kindly not go MIA like the last time I asked you a simple question. :wink: Thank you.

1 Like

How did know Job didn’t know God?

Well, he said it himself at the end of his book

Job 42 New International Version (NIV)
Job
42 Then Job replied to the Lord:

2 “I know that you can do all things;
no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
** things too wonderful for me to know.**

4 “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.’
5 My ears had heard of you
** but now my eyes have seen you**.
6 Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes.”

Job 42 The Message (MSG)
Job Worships God
I Babbled On About Things Far Beyond Me
42 1-6 Job answered God:

“I’m convinced: You can do anything and everything.
Nothing and no one can upset your plans.
You asked, ‘Who is this muddying the water,
ignorantly confusing the issue, second-guessing my purposes?’
I admit it. I was the one. I babbled on about things far beyond me,
made small talk about wonders way over my head.
You told me, ‘Listen, and let me do the talking.
Let me ask the questions. You give the answers.’
I admit I once lived by rumors of you;
** now I have it all firsthand—from my own eyes and ears!**
I’m sorry—forgive me. I’ll never do that again, I promise!
I’ll never again live on crusts of hearsay, crumbs of rumor.”

Job 42 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Job’s Confession
42 Then Job answered the Lord and said,

“I know that You can do all things,
And that no thought or purpose of Yours can be restrained.
“[You said to me] ‘Who is this that darkens and obscures counsel [by words] without knowledge?’
Therefore [I now see] I have [rashly] uttered that which I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
‘Hear, please, and I will speak;
I will ask You, and You instruct [and answer] me.’
“I had heard of You [only] by the hearing of the ear,
But now my [spiritual] eye sees You.
“Therefore I retract [my words and hate myself]
And I repent in dust and ashes.”

i think it’s clear in many translations (grins) that everything Job said about God was clearly out of his ignorance and rumors he heard about God

Well, i never say anything without scriptural backing

This didn’t answer any of my questions

@Monique here it is

Now, the reason that the old testament is riddled with evil exploits attributed to God (like murder and genocide), is because the Jews didn’t have a concept of Satan (as the devil). Until the new testament, where we saw that the devil is responsible for the woes of the world, people thought God was.

Till this day, Jews don’t believe in Satan (as the evil causing maniac.) Instead he’s seen as just a fallen angel.

What wasn’t and isn’t found in Jesus, cannot be found in God
(John 1:1, John 1: 18 John 10: 30, Colossians 1: 16-17, Colossians 2:9-10, 2peter 1:1

So if Jesus didn’t kill, God doesn’t kill.

@Mira here it is

You still haven’t answered the questions i asked, or should i take it as you don’t have an answer to give?

you said i should explain how Job didn’t know God abi?

I believe you can read

And yet the Jesus and his disciples enjoyed the fruits of old testament genocide.

@Morris, asides Job i believe you are familiar with the story of Noah.

The Lord saw how utterly wicked people on earth had become; every thought was only evil all the time. So God said, “I will destroy from the earth the people I have created. And with them, the animals, birds, and creeping things” (Genesis 6:5–7).

But Noah found favor with God for he alone was righteous among the people of his day. Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And God said to him, “I will establish My covenant with you; you will go into the ark with your wife, your sons, and their wives” (Genesis 6:8–10, 18).

God said to Noah, “I am going to destroy all flesh because the world is full of violence. Build an ark of gopherwood, with rooms inside, three decks, and a door. Cover it inside and out with pitch.” And Noah did exactly as God commanded him (Genesis 6:13–22).

Then Noah built an altar and offered burnt offerings to the Lord on it. And God said, “Never again will I curse the ground because of man or send a flood to destroy all living things, even though mankind’s heart is evil from childhood.” And God blessed Noah and his family saying, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth” (Genesis 8:20–22).

You said and i quote

so which god did Noah know and which one spoke to him?

2 Likes

OMG! All these lengthy posts, having quantity but negligible quality relative to questions asked :unamused:, xoxo disappointed . @Morris try to hit the nail on the head with concise posts Abeg. Also don’t forget that our God is the Lion and the lamb, why call him just a lamb that doesn’t kill, the truth is God kills but he’s not a God of injustice, just like self defense killing and assassination are two different incidents with same outcome(death). In the Bible God sent an angel to utterly annihilate the army of Sennacherib, a total of 185,000 soldiers in one night, they came against his people and he protected them, yeah that’s my God. What about sodom and Gomorrah, what about the killing of Egyptian first born sons, who do you think ordered the angel of death to sweep through the land?

2 Likes

In what way does this translate to Job not knowing God, please?

I’ve read Job 42 over and over again this morning yet I can’t get a part where Job never knew God.