Would you advise she aborts her pregnancy?

Honestly. Family will make her have the baby except her momma or sis are smart people. Some stupid mistakes will keep you down for the rest of your life if you want to go by people’s opinions. Having a child and been there for that child to full blown is not easy and then when it is you alone without a good father figure.

6 Likes

True.

2 Likes

@evansakanno bro, I get this other half now. If carrying it for 9months does not guarantee love, then that the child is half of her & half of a mad cousin should guarantee it half an iota of love at least…

@drew, @evansakanno, she may give birth to the child but may not necessarily keep the child by her side. Her mother or any elder female can take responsibility, ay adopt the child & nurse it. In this case the problem @ruthameh125 observed about the difficulties of raising the child is curtailed

1 Like

There was a recent post about a Single mum trying to find love so she was advised to take her child off her social media page ( The post was on Instablog) I would normally ignore such posts but i had time yday so I read through the comments…

After reading those comments, I kinda understood why most Single moms suffer from depression. 90% of those comments were judgmental and very ridiculous. That’s just one out of the many issues they go through.

So my dear… I totally agree

5 Likes

God bless you @Mira

I don’t think this is a case of rape but a case of lust & uncontrol emotion between the lady and her cousin.

Since they were enjoying it when doing it (that is why she can’t scream or struggle with him), so let them face the consequences of their action. But abortion should not be allow :angry::angry::angry:

1 Like

My dear, most people can never understand you no matter how you explain your self. Situations like rape,being pregnant outside wedlock, abuse and the rest like depression are things I am very careful to deal with. People go through a lot and the fear of been judge by even family members and close friend would rather make them keep shut and just keep living life. If I fall victim of such, i pray to God and do what is best for me at the time. A child with a very beautiful future get pregnant out of ignorant or even if she knows and the best way is to let her her the baby? If I am that mother, will take you personally for abortion and let you feel the pain so next time you will keep your legs close after which I give you the future I desire for you.

2 Likes

The 10-year-old boy of course @evansakanno

1 Like

The same people that will encourage her to have this baby will tell the parents sorry the day she will end her life in depression.

4 Likes

Sentiments will tell you not to abort. However, for the sake of the child, please abort it. You have no idea how much stigma is faced by a child raised by a single mom how much more one conceived through incest. Dont bring an innocent child into existence to live a cursed life - one they had no opportunity to make a choice.

7 Likes

GBAM!

1 Like

Thank you. This is apt.

1 Like

ABI OH

2 Likes

Dr @Kachie and Dr @amakaanne come and contribute.

@ruthameh125 many stupider mistakes our parents and their parents made in their time, but their resilience and how they managed it made a difference…

@evansakanno if her parents don’t agree to nursing the child, she should seek her grandparents oñ either side… The parents of some people are worse things…here, culture and cultural approval come into play…
It is kinda ironic. This thing that makes our generation feel depressed is something that those before us managed…

@theunofficialomotayo is it not sentiments that will still make us abort it… On the stigma of having a single parent, lemme summarize a real life story all the way from Nsukka: lady gets pregnant (not from rape sha), next thing that happens, eldest brother hides sister, baby is born, that eldest brother adopts the child. Here, you don’t just see individualistic actions but also communalistic ones

2 Likes

Hhhmmmnn. Abortion still isn’t legal in Nigeria. The only thing that’d make the abortion legal in Nigeria is if the pregnancy is going to medically endanger her life. The cerified medical doctor could first explain that to her. But, after she was raped she could have gone to the hospital within few hours before it resulted in pregnancy…just saying

2 Likes

Nigeria records 20210 births on Jan. 1

In a country that is going through such an economic crisis. Okay oo.

4 Likes

Our experience and that of our parents are not the same. The things we know now and have access to our parents wished they know even though we still think their times were better than ours. One need to understand this generation to be able to serve them. We are suppose to be a better improvement of our parents.

1 Like

Postpartum depression and anger towards the goat that raped her is enough reason :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

@Valkyr The stigma on the child is only a minor part of the equation. Do you realize there is a law of unintended consequences about to play out here?

That pregnancy if birthed will only earn that child a spiritually altered life (cursed). One the child may not be the only one to suffer from. Ever wondered how some generational curses started? Do you think this will be a one time occurrence in their lineage if the child is birthed? It is deeper than you think

2 Likes

You have spoken so wisely.

2 Likes