Zegist Monopoly Hangout

Monopoly is one game I don’t enjoy playing. It bores me very quickly, however, there are a lot of money lessons that can be learned from the game. The game involves buying property and extracting rent from other players (your competitors). The objective is not to get the best long-term return, but to knock other players out by causing them a big cash flow problem when they land on your properties.

There is no one way to win this game, it just requires you to be wise. But one strategy to constantly make money is to buy the orange properties.

This is because “Jail” is the most popular spot, so, the most common numbers to throw after emerging from prison are five, six, seven, eight and nine, which take you into the orange zone. You’re lucky if the properties are yours.

@evansakanno and other masters at Monopoly, please come and teach us how to play. I’m still a learner in this.

11 Likes

My winning tips for Monopoly;

• Ensure you start accruing properties as early as possible.
  • Money is not important in the beginning, the assets are more important. Invest as much as you can as early as you can.
  • Buy what you can afford, a cheap property is easier to develop than an expensive property.
  • Ensure you have cash flow. It is foolish to have 6 houses and less than 200k in your bank account. You will eventually sell one of the houses for half price just to get liquid cash.
  • Sometimes its safer to stay in Jail especially when there is a high possibility to fall into debt by walking freely.
  • Don’t be afraid to deal. Remember no risk, no reward.

The best way to learn is to have a Zegist Monopoly Hangout.
Who’s in? @Monique @NaijaLander @yemisiogunlana @F.A.B @habeebsanni @Pele_Escobar @theunofficialomotayo @Kiitan and her sister @Kachie @Onaopemipo @Drew @iamtosyne @ArahMAC @Nonso_Azike

16 Likes

I’m in!!!

1 Like

I want to learn o

1 Like

As you’ve dashed us to each other na :rofl:

1 Like

Uncle @evansakanno stop making me depressed like this! :sob::sob::sob:

How will I make it to the Zegist monopoly hangout, when I’m not in Lagos? :sob::sob:

3 Likes

I want to learn too… I like that it talks real estate and money

5 Likes

I tell you! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Can we do this next week Saturday? March 3rd?

Do like this ‘:point_up:t5:’, if you will be available.

5 Likes

I want to learn too :disappointed_relieved:

I’ll love to learn it, there’s more to it than just a game. It teaches investing and business logic. I’ve tried learning on my own to no avail. I’m in @evansakanno

5 Likes

:point_up:t5: I’m available. I will host and donate 1 Pizza too.

@afolabiabass @Drew @theunofficialomotayo @Otumininu @yeye @pretyprexy @Onaopemipo what will you people bring?

2 Likes

1 box of pizza from me too

3 Likes

Thanks @theunofficialomotayo

We have 2 Boxes of Pizzard

Who’s next…

2 Likes

I’ll bring a big bowl of ice cream.

2 Likes

Ice Cream!!!

Who will bring drinks?

1 Like

I tell you.
Steady oppressing us.
Anyway @Udy_Inyang interested?

4 Likes

Hello @nifex007 and @maikel_Coker, this may interest you.

1 Like

Never played this…:grinning::grinning::grinning:
Pls give me Ayo :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Oya come. We have Ayo too and Scrabble…and 30 Seconds :grin:

The essence of hangout is to learn how to play the game.

5 Likes